Search our site:
Recipes from the Grapevine Cottage
In the interest of offering something new, we are also beginning a series of holiday dessert recipes from chef Jodie Gogis of Picket Fence Catering. Since Linda and I seem to be dessert-impaired (we have shared more than 120 recipes and only two are desserts!), Jodie has graciously agreed to share some of her favorites.
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese (or marscapone cheese)
1) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, add 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons of coffee liqueur, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 3 ounces of grated chocolate. Stir until blended. Save reserved chocolate for garnish.
2) In separate bowl, whisk 1 cup of the whipping cream until stiff. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
3) In small bowl, combine espresso powder, remaining 1/3 cup of coffee liqueur, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons water. Mix well.
4) Separate ladyfingers into halves. Line 13-inch x 9-inch pan or glass bowl with about a fourth of the ladyfinger halves. Brush with part of the espresso mixture. Spoon 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over the ladyfingers. Repeat layering two more times. Top with remaining ladyfingers. Press gently, and then brush with the remaining espresso mixture, and sprinkle with 1/2 of the reserved chocolate.
5) In mixing bowl, whip remaining whipping cream and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
6) Top dessert with whipped topping, sprinkle with remaining chocolate, if desired.
**This may be frozen; best if prepared a day ahead.
Grapevine Cottage Zionsville • 61 South Main Street • Zionsville, Indiana 46077 • (317) 733-1010
Grapevine Cottage Fishers • 8235 East 116th Street • Fishers, Indiana 46038 • (317) 288-5316
To contact us or sign up for our weekly newsletter, just follow this link....